eliot & drew bike through india for 3 months, trying to inconspicuously do some good in the world.

___________________________

Monday, May 3, 2010

Goodbye, Mumbai

The last four days have been a blur - 48 hours on a train culminating in a 1am ride through the streets of Mumbai stopping at trashcan fires to ask for a lodge, the dim plea of please-don't-rob-me set under my desperate melody. Found the Anjali inn - remarkably my aimless wanderings had placed me 1.5km from thier door, another remarkable unpredictably-predictable India moment. Crashed here for three nights, spending my days resting, occasionally braving the heat to explore Juhu beach, Bandra market and Powai lake. Mostly I sipped bagpiper-and-sprites and watch gilmore girls. I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth.

In six scant hours I'll travel to the airport, argue about my bags being shipped, probably experience several small dramas of life and death and rest unrestfully in the terminal until the joy ... the total joy and pleasure of Emirates begins. Lotions and cologne in the bathroom, in flight tv and movies, stewardesses with smiles and gin & tonics, comfort, ease, rest and - 23 hours later - home.


Home. Home!




Goodbye street cows! I'll actually miss you! ... In the hypothetical sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment